Caterpillars abound-grape leaf skeletonizers included are being reported on a lot of garden and landscape plants! Safely control them with BT or Spinosad
- Powdery mildew is showing up on roses and grapes-use bordeaux and don’t water at night
- Weeds!! control while they’re small by pulling or using the appropriate herbicide. It is best to bring in samples for proper i.d. and recommendation
- Feed those Maters! and other garden plants. Keep them growing fast and furious with Brother Jeff’s Magic Mater Mix! Come see our tomatoes that have been fed with this mix and you’ll be convinced!
- Arbor Day-Friday April 24th is Arbor day in Arizona-Plant A TREE!
- Check Sprinkler/Irrigation systems now, it’s best to find leaks and problems before it gets hot and damage occurs
- Continue to plant squash, peppers, cucumbers, okra, eggplant, melons, malibar spinach and other late season vegetables.
- summer annuals are arriving for planting: Vinca, Moss Rose, Pentas, Angelonia, Ornamental Sweet Potato, … Start switching over now before it gets too hot
- Start watering and fertilizing dormant bermudagrass lawns as they begin to green up-wait to thatch until at least mid May!