According to Houselogic.com: A well landscaped home can increase the resale value up to 35% and cuts the time on the market by up to 15%
- The Arbor Day Foundation states that 1 large tree produces enough oxygen in 1 year for 10 people
- The U.S. Department of Energy states that properly placed trees can reduce your energy bill by up to $250 per year
- Calorielab.com figures that depending on the exact gardening chore you can burn from 272 to 340 calories working in the yard in one hour
- Landscape Lighting not only makes your home and landscape look better at night it can reduce break ins and also prevent slips and falls. Most insurance companies give discounts based on the claims or lack there of!
- A Texas A&M study found that just looking at trees can reduce stress in only 5 minutes!
This is a very small list of what your landscape can or should be returning to you in value. It doesn’t even take into account sheer beauty, wildlife, or the legacy of a majestic shade tree!Happy Earth Day today and remember, Arbor Day in Arizona is next Friday April 24th! Planting a tree in honor or memory of someone is a fantastic idea and your local school or park would love to have another tree for all of the reasons above!