It’s mid January-what should you be doing now?
- Planting leafy green vegetables
- Planting root type vegetables
- Plant Grapes and Berries-we have in stock now
- Plant Asparagus roots-also in stock now
- Plant Non citrus type fruit trees-ie apples, peaches,plums etc. They have just arrrived
- Be sure to control weeds while they are small-with the recent rains and now mid 70 temps they’ll be popping us soon-unless you applied pre emergent herbicides!! Yes you can do that now as well, in fact from here on out if there is rain in the forecast it is a great time to get pre emergents down
- Be sure your watering system has been cut back to about 1/4 of summer amounts
- Start planting from seed tomatoes and peppers
- Freshen up pots and beds with winter annual color-Pansies look great right now!
- Get roses and those deciduous trees pruned before leaf out or bloom begins